Battle Creek Landfill
WE ONLY ACCEPT CASH OR CHECK
Household/Residential Bagged Waste
Page County residents are allowed to dispose of household/residential bagged waste at Battle Creek Landfill free of charge. Non-residents, commercial customers and items that do not qualify as household/residential bagged waste are assessed a fee for disposal. Household/residential waste is classified as refuse typical from a household and being generated by private citizens from their homes, which includes bagged trash, brush and tree limbs. Tires, construction debris and rough materials do not classify as household/residential waste.
All loads must be covered when transported on roadways.
|Commercial bagged waste
||$45 per ton
||$60 per ton
|Construction/Demolition/Rock and concrete debris
||$60 per ton
|Bulky/Rough residential waste
||$60 per ton
|Light material (foam/rubber)
||$5 per cubic yard
Disposal Fee for Tires
|Passenger/Light truck tires
||$2.00 per quarter
|Tires on rims/wheels additional
||$155.00 per ton
*Tractor/Oversize tires must be quartered before being brought to the landfill. If the quantity cannot be counted by the Scale Operator upon entry, the bulk rate will apply.
The Landfill is unable to accept the following types of waste:
- Radioactive/Volatile wastes
- Infectious/Biomedical wastes
- Substances determined to be toxic
- Hazardous material, including contaminated soil
- Industrial wastes not meeting criteria
- Oil and gas wastes
- Manufacturing or mining wastes or by-products
- Automobile fluff or other fluff materials
- Commercial chemical products
- Free liquids including petroleum, solvents, printing inks, dyes, and pesticides
- Ignitable, flammable or explosive substances
- Agricultural wastes
- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs)
- Solid waste, residues or soils containing Dioxins or PCBs
- Unstabilized sewage sludge or sludges that have not been dewatered
- Pesticide containers that have not been triple rinsed
- Drums that are not empty, properly cleaned, opened and crushed
- Asbestos containing material, or friable asbestos material
The following items are accepted at the Landfill for recycling:
- Plastics #1: soda/water bottles
- Plastics #2: milk jugs/laundry detergent bottles
- Cardboard and mixed paper
- Scrap metal
- Refrigeration units
- Glass/Ceramics (all colors)
- Aluminum cans
- Tires (See fee schedule)
- Rock/Concrete (see fee schedule)
- Yard waste/brush
In order to help us with recycling efforts, please follow our best practices listed here.
Clean Up Boxes
Battle Creek Landfill has clean-up boxes available for your home or business. There is a delivery cost of $100 per delivery and a $60 per ton cost for the disposal of the material at the landfill.
A rental agreement is required to be completed and returned to the landfill, prior to obtaining the container.
For more information about allowable materials and scheduling, contact the landfill at 540-743-3854.
Free mulch is available to all Page County residents. Please call the landfill at 540-743-3854 before picking up to ensure the staff is loading.