The General Registrar's Office has a secure drop box for ballots in their office. Page County will not have an unattended drop box. Please call the office at 540-743-3986 or email Carol Gaunt at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Writ of Special Election
The Circuit Court of Page County has ordered that a special election will be held on the same date as the 2020 general election, on November 3, 2020, to fill the vacancy on the Page County School Board. The deadline to file as a candidate is June 9, 2020, at 7:00 p.m.
You can register to vote in Page County if:
- Your are a United States citizen and a resident of Virginia
- A resident of Page County
- Your are 18 years of age (or 17 and will be 18 at the next general election)
- Your are not claiming the right to vote in any other state
- You are not currently declared mentally incompetent by a court of law
- Convicted of a felony, your right to vote has been restored, if required
Residents new to Virginia may register to vote as soon as residency is established. Residents moving from other Virginia localities must transfer their registration to Page County. Residents moving from one voting precinct to another within the county must also notify the registrar of this change in writing or in person.
Forms for voter registration and absentee voting may be found at the Virginia Department of Elections website.
Registration DeadlinesDeadlines to register to vote or change name or address:
- General Elections - 22 days before election
- Primary Elections - 22 days before election
- Special Election - 13 days before election
- Special Election - called by Governor - 7 days before election
If interested in voting an absentee ballot please contact us by email or 540-743-3986 or go online. Absentee Ballots are ready 45 days prior to a General Election, but you do not need to wait until then to request one. We will accept the application and hold it until they are ready. Absentee Voting is also available in our office during normal business hours.
The mission of the General Registrar's Office is to provide opportunities for all qualified citizens of the County of Page to register to vote; to promote the integrity of the electoral process by maintaining accurate and current voter registration records used in elections; to coordinate elections so they are conducted in a manner that secures the qualified citizen's right to vote and ensures that the results accurately reflect the voter's will.
The polls are open from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm. Please call 540-743-3986 if you have questions.