News Flash


Posted on: June 12, 2018

Special Entertainment Permits Required

A special entertainment permit is required when there is a musical or entertainment festival or event. Such a festival or event is defined as a commercial gathering of groups or individuals, which is anticipated will exceed 100 or more individuals for the purpose of observing or participating in entertainment conducted in open spaces not within an enclosed structure. Temporary short-term outdoor lodging is only allowed if operated in conjunction with a special entertainment permit issued by the Board of Supervisors.  Such lodging is defined as three or more camping units that are occupied or intended for occupancy for periods of overnight or longer, whether the use of the campsites and facilities is granted gratuitously, or by rental fee, lease, or conditional sale.  The applicant is only allowed a maximum of two events per calendar year that include the use of temporary short-term outdoor lodging in conjunction with a special entertainment permit.  

Applicants for special entertainment permits must obtain approval from the Health Department, Sheriff's Office, Emergency Manager, and Zoning Department.  Once the approvals are received, the applications are then reviewed by the Board of Supervisors for final approval.

For questions on special entertainment permits, please contact Liz Lewis at 540-743-1216 or by email.

Additional Info...
Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email

Other News in Home