Page Circuit Court, 26th Judicial Circuit of VirginiaThe Circuit Court is the trial court with the broadest powers in Virginia. The Circuit Court handles all civil cases with claims of more than $15,000. It shares authority with the general district court to hear matters involving between $4,500 and $15,000. The Circuit Court has the authority to hear serious criminal cases called felonies. The Circuit Court also handles family matters, including divorce. In addition, the Circuit Court hears cases appealed from the General District Court and from the Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court.
Access Page County information on the Commonwealth of Virginia's website.
Terms of Court & General Information
- Terms begin: 1st Wednesday in January, April, July and October
- Motion Day: Tuesday after 2nd Monday, each month
- Misdemeanor appeal days: Tuesday following fourth Monday, January to November; 3rd Tuesday in December
- Grand Juries: 4th Monday, each month; none in December
- Praecipe must be filed not less than 7 days preceding Motion Day nor more than 30 days
- Court convenes at 9 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized
- Local rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4
Secure Remote Access
Our land records are available through Secure Remote Access. New subscriptions to view images can be purchased, by completing the subscriber agreement. Once completed, the appropriate agreement, along with payment, must be returned to the Circuit Court Clerk's Office at 116 South Court Street, Suite A, Luray, VA 22835.