Battle Creek Landfill
WE ACCEPT CASH, CHECK AND CREDIT CARD.
We are unable to process payments for accounts or past bills.
Household/Residential Bagged WastePage County residents can dispose of bagged, residential waste and household goods at no charge. Household goods consists of bulky waste such as furniture, spring cleaning, toys or similar items. Household goods does not include construction debris, rough materials, or tires. Residents with construction debris, loads consisting of all loose materials, and mattresses/sets will be assessed a fee to be paid at the time of disposal. Non-residents and commercial customers are assessed a fee at the time of disposal.
Landfill employees reserve the right to inspect any and all loads.
All loads must be covered when transported on roadways.
|Commercial bagged waste
||$45 per ton
||$60 per ton
|Construction/Demolition/Rock and concrete debris
||$60 per ton
Mattress or Box Spring
|$35 per ton
$3 a piece
||$5 per set
Disposal Fee for Tires
|Passenger/Light truck tires
||$3.00 per quarter
|Tires on rims/wheels additional
||$155.00 per ton
*Tractor/Oversize tires must be quartered before being brought to the landfill. If the quantity cannot be counted by the Scale Operator upon entry, the bulk rate will apply.
Unacceptable WasteThe Landfill is unable to accept the following types of waste:
- Radioactive/Volatile wastes
- Infectious/Biomedical wastes
- Substances determined to be toxic
- Hazardous material, including contaminated soil
- Industrial wastes not meeting criteria
- Oil and gas wastes
- Manufacturing or mining wastes or by-products
- Automobile fluff or other fluff materials
- Commercial chemical products
- Free liquids including petroleum, solvents, printing inks, dyes, and pesticides
- Ignitable, flammable or explosive substances
- Agricultural wastes
- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs)
- Solid waste, residues or soils containing Dioxins or PCBs
- Unstabilized sewage sludge or sludges that have not been dewatered
- Pesticide containers that have not been triple rinsed
- Drums that are not empty, properly cleaned, opened and crushed
- Asbestos containing material, or friable asbestos material
RecyclingThe following items are accepted at the Landfill for recycling:
- Plastics #1: soda/water bottles
- Plastics #2: milk jugs/laundry detergent bottles
- Cardboard and mixed paper
- Scrap metal
- Refrigeration units
- Glass/Ceramics (all colors)
- Aluminum cans
- Tires (See fee schedule)
- Rock/Concrete (see fee schedule)
- Yard waste/brush
In order to help us with recycling efforts, please follow our best practices listed here.
Clean Up Boxes
Battle Creek Landfill has clean-up boxes available for your home or business. There is a delivery cost of $100 per delivery and a $60 per ton cost for the disposal of the material at the landfill.
A rental agreement is required to be completed and returned to the landfill, prior to obtaining the container.
For more information about allowable materials and scheduling, contact the landfill at 540-743-3854.
Free mulch is available to all Page County residents. Please call the landfill at 540-743-3854 before picking up to ensure the staff is loading.