Reporting a Change of Address

To remain a qualified registered voter, the law requires you to notify your local voter registration office of any change in your name or address. This must be done before the registration books close for the next election. You can submit your notice of change of name or address either by mail or by fax 540-743-1988. In either case, the notice must include your signature to be valid. Notice cannot be made by telephone or by email.

After your change is processed, you will be mailed a new Voter Information Card. If a new card does not arrive within a few weeks, please call us at 540-743-3986 to confirm that your notice was received.