Zoning & Subdivision Ordinance Update
About the Project
Page County is currently in the process of revising and updating the Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances. This revision will update the current ordinance language to reflect changes in Virginia State Code and address new issues that have become relevant in Page County due to technology changes, shifts in development patterns and demands, and the recent revision/update of the Page County Comprehensive Plan.
What is Zoning?
Zoning is the primary tool for regulating the use of land. Each property in Page County has a zoning designation with rules and standards for use, placement, spacing, and size of land and buildings. These regulations determine the direction and intensity of development while minimizing the impacts and are reflective of the development goals for the county set forth in the Comprehensive Plan. Since zoning and land use regulations shapes the lives of Page County residents every day, it is the goal of Page County to keep the public informed and engaged throughout this ordinance update process.
About the Process
The ordinance update will engage Page County's Board of Supervisors, Planning Commission, citizens, businesses, and other stakeholders. The current zoning district regulations, subdivision and land development standards, and zoning map will be evaluated, reviewed, updated, and revised as guided by the boards and the citizens.
The process includes:
- Kickoff with Board of Supervisors and Planning Commission - July 7, 2020
- Stakeholder Meetings - September 2, 2020
- Public Input Workshop - September 2, 2020
- Review meetings with Board of Supervisors and Planning Commission - September 2020, November 2020, and January 2021
- Public Open House - March 2021
- Formal Public Hearings and Adoption - Summer 2021
The County has employed the services of The Berkley Group, a Virginia-based local government planning and consulting firm, to assist with this ordinance update process.
Links and Background Material
- Zoning Handout
- Current Zoning Ordinance
- Current Zoning Map
- Current Subdivision Ordinance
- Current Comprehensive Plan - Volume 1, Volume 2
- Kickoff Joint Work Session (July 7, 2020)
- Public Input Workshop Agenda (September 2, 2020)
- Public Input Workshop Presentation (September 2, 2020)
- Zoning & Subdivision Ordinance Update Stakeholder Interview Summary (September 2, 2020)
- Zoning & Subdivision Ordinance Update Public Workshop Summary (September 2, 2020)
For more information as this process progresses, please visit this website often for updates and information. You can also contact Tracy Clatterbuck, Zoning Administrator, Planning & Community Development Department for more information or to submit comments: 540-743-1324 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.